My Musings

All life's about.

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Thursday 31 January 2013

Know

Good morning dear people. Here I am again, after months of being AWOL on here. Truly, I have been as busy as they come and for the life of me, I have not been able to type a line. But enough of my excuses. Even I know they are as watery as badly made akamu.

As I say to nearly everyone who speaks to me for more than 10 consecutive minutes, I have a wonderful baby sister. She's young, intelligent and wise beyond her years. Indeed, she's the only one who manages to completely, entirely, absolutely blow my mind...literally. While I was home yesterday, grumbling about the dishes that needed to be done after a long work day, she sent me a mail with a quirky, compelling little piece she wrote. I love it and I hope you will too. Here it goes:


There are many things I know

Even more that I do not know

Some I think I know

Others I know I know

Because theres so much to know

And so little I know

But yet so much I think I know

I know my quest for knowledge has only begun

You see...the thing about knowing

And knowing that you know

Is that you know you are close to priceless

Close to knowing what exactly the world is about

I mean...more than half the world still doesnt know what its about

Knowing that makes me sad

Knowing that I'm sad makes my mother sad

Im not sure who but knowing my mother is sad definitely makes someone else sad

I know that we can stop this chain of sadness

This chain our not knowing has created

Only deciding to know can begin to stop it

Stop what exactly....I do not know

But I know if we knew as much as we should

There would be no bombings

No unecessary evil

No hate

But we do not know

We do not know and we suffer for not knowing

We should know

You should know that we should know.




Eghonghon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment