My Musings

All life's about.

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Thursday 18 August 2011

Disney Lied !!!

Fairy tales are one of my favourite things to watch. I have seen a countless number of them,  from Cinderella to Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Enchanted, Pocahontas,The Little Mermaid...Oh love, cherish me!!!
There's a common end to all these tales -A happy ending! Happily ever after! When I watch them,it reaffirms my belief in romance and true love and happiness and peace and goodness and....*pheeeww*  But then,I turn off my TV and reality hits (again).

Why is the reality of romance not nearly as glorious as what Disney has got us believing ? I think Disney lied! I don't see that many Jasmines and Aladdins taking their carpets for spins over 3rd Mainland Bridge, nor do I see Prince Philip slaying the dragon to lovingly rouse Princess Aurora from her hundred-year slumber. Shall I blame this on the presence of Maleficient the witch? I think not.

The girls are always perfect; dainty ,soft-spoken beauties with clear skin. Not even one pimple! Ah!! That is just serious "ojoro" !They get their charming, handsome,rich, loving, caring princes. Even the Beast ,despite being a beast, was very wealthy and he didn't stay a beast! He got very handsome after dear Belle wept all over him (*rolling eyes* don't I just wish it were that easy. I have a store of tears-salty and sugary too. All I need now is some magic)!

Find me a magic wand and a couple of fairies!!!

1 comments:

spicex05 said...

Continue to dey dream shey o gbo? In other news, you happily ever after is well on its way...wink wink!

Post a Comment